We are in need of someone who is responsible for estimating projects by accurately pricing plumbing jobs from start to finish.
We are currently hiring a full time Project Coordinator that will be under the direction of a project team, the Project Coordinator will work as a member of a team dedicated to profitably growing the plumbing project business. The successful candidate will be responsible for estimating projects by accurately pricing jobs from start to finish. The ideal bring equivalent knowledge and experience. In this position you will be responsible for all activities related to client relationships, project scope definition and cost estimating with a focus in the area of plumbing. This is a Full time position with competitive salary and benefits package.
Education, Experience & Skills:
- Technical background in plumbing, heating (commercial ) and estimating OR a ticketed tradesperson
- 3-5 years field experience and estimating experience.
- Excellent organization skills
- Effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Time management, prioritization, multitasking and organizational skills
- Self-motivated with an ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to analyze project data and production rates
- Full driver’s license required for site visits
- Industry experience, knowledge of mechanical and HVAC systems an asset
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Creative thinker with excellent problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Develop project material budgeting by gathering costs for the various items needed to complete the project
- Obtaining equipment and sub-contractor pricing
- Preparing final estimate for review
- Visiting job sites for estimating purposes and reviews of estimates on actual jobs
- Ordering equipment and specialty material at the start of the job
- Issuing contracts/PO’s to the sub-contractors
- Preparing change orders, following up on them and processing them once accepted
- Evaluate and analyze subcontractor quotes
- Continue to develop improved methods to cost and price projects (estimating tools)
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to project team
- Perform general administrative duties including the review and distribution of project documentation, correspondence, minutes and field review reports, maintenance of project files, drawings, specifications, submittals, and RFI’s