Assistant Store Manager
$70,000 – $84,000
North Vancouver – In Office
We are hiring for a busy family-owned home hardware store in North Vancouver. The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for the overall daily operation of the store. In particular he/she is responsible for sales; sales development; inventory management, merchandising and housekeeping standards, staff scheduling; hiring; training, motivation and discipline of staff.
- Supervising staff
- Manage daily readiness for business
- Daily readiness for advertised business
- Customer service
- Store open/closing support
- Safety & Security
- Assist in store inventories
- Become familiar with the company policies and systems
- To minimize loss of merchandise in their respective departments through properly handling of merchandise, good housekeeping practices and maintaining merchandising standards. To watch for theft and practice proper procedures for mark-downs and staff use/store us requirements
- To monitor competitive assortments and pricing and make recommendations for changes to the Store Manager having consideration for proper and adequate assortment in the category
- To identify dead or discontinued stock, make recommendations for clearance to the Sales Manager and agree on planned merchandising and pricing strategies to clear the inventory properly
- To identify overstocks or slow moving merchandise, make recommendations to the Sales Manager and agree to promotional merchandise and pricing to reduce overstocks
- To oversee the additions of new assortments, ordering merchandise and integrating with existing assortment
- To conduct cycle counts, verify on-hands and remedy negative inventory where required
- To ensure end of lines, returns of assortments or exchanges are properly completed quickly and all paper documentation and RFC’s are properly completed and handled
- To assist the Sales Manager for applicable vendors in coordinating displays, in store POP and vendor demonstrations
- To work with vendors ensuring that their respective assortments are regularly house kept, counted, signed, bin labeled, and merchandised with vendor POP where applicable
- Min of 5+ years of previous retail management and people leadership experience in a big box retail environment, such as drug store, grocery, hard lines, or general merchandise categories.
- Functional hands on knowledge of retail merchandising, operations and retail management practices and procedures.
- Experience selecting, assessing, coaching, counseling and developing associates in a retail environment.
- A strong customer service orientation and focus.
- Effective organizational, communication (written and oral) and problem solving skills.
- Comfort operating in a fast-paced and ever-changing big box retail environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, i.e., Word, Excel & Outlook
This is a wonderful opportunity to make a difference in the community and work with a great group of people.