$55,000 – $80,000/year
Port Coquitlam – In Office
The Project Coordinator is responsible to work with the Project Manager on the coordination, implementation, execution, and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. The ideal candidate is passionate about design/build and knowledgeable in the areas of boiler and piping installation engineering, etc. We employ strong individuals with a team-based approach to getting things done. Having an insatiable drive to understand how things are assembled and broken down is not only encouraged, but necessary to succeed in the role.
- Manage project risk by thoroughly estimating the scope, specifications, market conditions, etc. from budgetary information to set details.
- Work with other departments and disciplines to optimize project deliverables.
- Determine and implement the best course of action to have a project constructed – from kickoff to post-mortem.
- Perform material take-offs from construction drawings & review project specifications.
- Plan, price and coordinate material, labour, and outsourcing requirements to meet schedule & budget
- Prepare, present and review project estimate considering scope and drawings.
- Procure materials and align subcontractors to meet project deadlines, & budget.
- Liaise with clients to build and maintain a trusting relationship, and ongoing satisfaction.
- Create, Maintain, & Manage project schedule.
- Communication through every facet and stage of the project; internal & external clients, internal production team, necessary vendors, subcontractors.
- Manage small to large mechanical construction projects from start to finish.
- Ensure timelines are adhered to until project completion.
- Make sure that all projects are on or under budget, with a clear goal of making every project as profitable as possible.
- Find ways to reduce costs and create efficiencies within the project management cycle.
- Ability to use company software and procedures to maintain records of each project
- Ability to manage project with change orders and change notices.
- Work with the estimation team and the superintendent(s) to ensure that there are no discrepancies throughout the building process.
- 5+ years of experience in Project Coordination with experience in the industrial construction industry including estimating, specifically in custom fabrication and piping.
- Self-starter, self-motivated.
- Takes care and pride in work.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work in both a fast-paced, team environment and/or independently.
- Well organized, able to multi-task and have strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Knowledge of steel fabrication methodologies and blueprint/drawing reading and interpretation.
- Proficiency in standard construction software and project software.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite, focusing primarily on Excel.
- Experience in cost control, tender process and maintaining project information.
- Experience with CAD software.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders.
- A diploma or a degree from a recognized University as a P.Eng , PMP and /or construction management or mechanical trade program.
- Experience and proficiency with Procore an asset.
- Ability to implement and maintain all aspects of project record keeping with the software and systems in place.
We offer excellent wages, comprehensive benefits package, excellent working environment and stable and consistent work.